Here at BERUDA we are optimistically looking towards 2022 for peace, prosperity and opportunities to grow.
Friends, what are you looking forward to in 2022? We'd love you to share your hopes with us, as we share some of our thoughts and reflections from 2021 and into 2022.
What we're excited about?
- the potential of the children in our Sponsor A Child Project :-). With 97% of the children achieving great grades in 2021, we're excited about the opportunities that education can bring.
- those brightly coloured little vegetables called cayenne peppers! For their huge potential in bringing community benefits - great health and income!
What we're proud of from 2021?
- creating employment for youth in the local community through the harvesting and processing of cayenne pepper.
- that 6 more children from our Sponsor A Child Project were able to attend school in 2021 than the year before.
- restarting the health classes for widows and the Center for Rehabilitation and Education at the beginning of the year in Njinikom and Fundong.
What we learnt:
- you can't expect to raise baby chicks when there are kytes preying on them from the skies! And that it's always good to have a plan B! More on that later...
We remain optimistic for the future and our ability to create lasting change in the communities of the North West. We look forward to hearing from you in 2022 and bringing you more updates on our work and we wish you and your families a blessed year.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Locally committed people caring for the wellbeing of their community.